Install and configure the Apigee service broker
This topic describes how to install and configure the Apigee service broker, which provides access to your Apigee Edge organization as a service from Cloud Foundry applications.
- Download the product tile from the Pivotal Network. (This tile is currently in beta. Contact Apigee for access.)
- In the PCF Ops Manager, under Available Products, click Import a Product.
Find out more about Ops Manager.
- In the browse dialog, locate the .pivotal file you downloaded, then click Open.
It may take a moment for the import to finish. After it has finished, an Apigee link should appear under Available Products.
- Under Available Products, next to the Apigee product version number, click Add.
After adding has finished, an Apigee tile should appear in the Installation Dashboard.
- Click the Apigee tile to view settings for Apigee.
- Under Settings, click Apigee Edge Tile.
- Under Custom Settings, enter your own values for the following fields:
Setting Description Default (for Edge Public Cloud) Dashboard URL The URL to the Apigee Edge management console.
This is the Apigee UI where you develop and manage API proxy applications. It defaults to the URL of the Apigee cloud instance management console.
Apigee Management API URL Endpoint URL to the Apigee Edge management API.
The Apigee Service Broker will use this URL when making requests to create new Apigee Edge API proxies for managing requests to Cloud Foundry applications.
Apigee Proxy Domain Domain name to be used in the proxy host template.
This domain will be used when making calls to your API proxy from CF applications.
Apigee Proxy Host Template Template that describes how the Apigee Edge host name should be generated. This is the host that will be used when making calls to your API proxy from CF applications.
This value is generated from values you'll specify when binding your Cloud Foundry application your Apigee Edge API proxy. Typically,
envwill represent your Edge organization and environment names, with
domainrepresenting the proxy domain you specify in these settings.
Parts of this value not formatted as placeholders will be taken to be literal.
Apigee Proxy Name Template Template that describes how to generate the name of your proxy when you create it from the CF command line.
- After you've entered values from your Apigee Edge instance, click Save.
- If you like, use the other pages on the Settings tab to customize Pivotal Cloud Foundry configuration for the Apigee Service Broker.
- Once you have made all of the settings changes you want, click the Installation Dashboard link at the top of the page to return to the dashboard.
- On the Dashboard, click Apply Changes.
It might take some time for Ops Manager to finish applying your changes.
Help or comments?
- If something's not working: Ask the Apigee Community or see Apigee Support.
- If something's wrong with the docs: Send Docs Feedback
(Incorrect? Unclear? Broken link? Typo?)