Registering client apps
To participate in OAuth 2.0 flows on Apigee Edge, client apps must be registered.
Registration allows Apigee Edge (the authorization server) to uniquely identify your app. When you register your app, you receive back two keys: a client ID and client secret. The app needs these keys when negotiating for access tokens with the authorization server.
For development and testing, you can use one of the pre-registered developer apps to obtain keys. See Obtaining client credentials for details.
If you want to register a new app:
- Log in to your Apigee Edge account.
- From the main menu, select Publish > Developer apps.
- Click + Developer App.
- Fill out the form:
- Enter a name.
- Select a developer (you can choose one of the default developers or create your own).
- (Optional) Enter a callback URL. This is used for "three-legged" OAuth grant type flows. This is where Apigee Edge redirects the user after she completes authentication (login) with the resource server. It has to be a complete URL, so you might enter something like
https://www.example.com. For more about three-legged OAuth, see Implementing the authorization code grant type.
- Add a product. You can select one of the default products (or any product you wish). Or create your own.
- Ignore custom attributes for now.
- Click Save.
- Find your new app in the list of developer apps and select it.
- Now, you can click Show to see the Consumer ID (client ID) and Consumer Secret (client secret) values.
Help or comments?
- If something's not working: Ask the Apigee Community or see Apigee Support.
- If something's wrong with the docs: Send Docs Feedback
(Incorrect? Unclear? Broken link? Typo?)