Specify rate plan details
When you create a rate plan, there are details that you need to specify, such as:
- Revenue model that applies to the rate plan.
- Whether the rate plan applies to all the products in an API package or to a specific product.
- For a revenue share plan, whether the revenue share is based on the net or gross price of a transaction.
- For a rate card plan, whether charges are based on the volume of transactions or based on a custom attribute defined in the transaction recording policy.
- For a revenue share or rate card plan, when payment is due.
You can create rate plans that use the revenue models, or rate plan types, defined in the following table. Based on the revenue model that you choose, you need to provide additional details. For example, for a revenue share plan, you can specify a fixed sharing model or a flexible sharing model. For a rate card plan, you can charge a developer a flat rate, charge based on "volume bands", that is, ranges of transaction volume for which you can apply different rates, or charge a set amount (up-front) for each "bundle" of transactions.
App developer only pays the API provider fees specified in the rate plan. There are no additional transaction-related fees. For information about specifying fees for the rate plan:
Notification only plan. API provider can adjust the target number of transactions for each app developer. You can configure if and when notifications are sent based on what percentage of the target number has been reached, such as 90%, 100%, or 150%. Additional transactions are not blocked after the target number is reached. See Specifying adjustable notification plan details for further information.
API provider shares with the developer a percentage of the revenue generated from each transaction (based on the gross or net price of a transaction). See Specify revenue share plan details for further information.
App developer is charged for each transaction. See Specify rate card plan details for further information.
|Rate Card with Custom Attribute||
App developer is charged based on a custom attribute within each transaction. For example, if you set up a plan where you charge the developer for each transaction, you can set the rate for the plan based on a custom attribute such as the number of bytes transmitted in a transaction. See Specify rate card with custom attribute for further information.
This rate plan type is available only if you specify custom attributes for the API product and only for an API package that has one product.
|Revenue Share and Rate Card||
API provider shares a percentage of the revenue generated from each transaction with the app developer, and the app developer is charged for each transaction. See Specify revenue share plan details and Specify rate card plan details for further information.
For help, see Apigee Customer Support.
Specify rate card details for your revenue model:
- Fees only: See Specify fees only plan details.
- Adjustable notification: See Specifying adjustable notification plan details.
- Revenue share: See Specify revenue share plan details.
- Rate card: See Specify rate card plan details .
- Rate card with custom attribute: See Specify rate card with custom attribute.
- Revenue share and rate card: See Specify revenue share plan details and Specify rate card plan details .
Help or comments?
- If something's not working: Ask the Apigee Community or see Apigee Support.
- If something's wrong with the docs: Send Docs Feedback
(Incorrect? Unclear? Broken link? Typo?)