Disable external authentication
Edge for Private Cloud v. 4.17.01
Perform these steps if you want to turn off external authentication and revert to using the internal authentication LDAP in Apigee Edge.
Important: You must do the following steps on each Apigee Edge Management Server.
- Open /opt/apigee/customer/application/management-server.properties in a text editor.
- Set the conf_security_authentication.user.store property to ldap. Note: Be sure that there are no trailing spaces at the end of the line.
- OPTIONALLY, only applicable if you were using a non-email address username or a different password in your external LDAP for your sysadmin user. Follow the steps you previously followed in Configuration required for different sysadmin credentials, but substituting the external LDAP username with your Apigee Edge sysadmin user’s email address.
- Restart the Management Server:
> /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service edge-management-server restart
- Verify that the server is running:
> /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-all status
- Important: An Edge organization administrator must take the following actions after external authentication is turned off:
- Make sure there are no users in Apigee Edge that should not be there. You need to manually remove those users.
- Communicate to users that because the external authentication has been turned off, they need to either start using whatever their original password was (if they remember) or complete a "forgot password" process in order to log in.
Help or comments?
- If something's not working: Ask the Apigee Community or see Apigee Support.
- If something's wrong with the docs: Send Docs Feedback
(Incorrect? Unclear? Broken link? Typo?)