Setting the log level for an Edge component
Edge for Private Cloud v. 4.17.01
By default, Edge components use a logging level of INFO. However, you can set the logging level for each Edge component. For example, you might want to set it to DEBUG for the Message Processor, or to ERROR for the Management Server.
Each component writes log information to its own file. See Setting log file location for information on log file locations.
The available log levels are: ALL, DEBUG, ERROR, FATAL, INFO, OFF, TRACE, WARN.
To set the log level for the component, you have to edit the component's properties file to set a token, then restart the components:
- For the Edge UI, the token is conf_application_logger.application
- For all other Edge components, the token is conf_system_log.level
To set the log level for the Edge UI:
- Open /opt/apigee/customer/application/ui.properties in an editor. If the file does not exist, create it.
- Set the following property in ui.properties to the desired log level. For example, to set it to DEBUG:
- Save the file.
- Restart the Edge UI:
/opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service edge-ui restart
To set the log level for other components, such as the Message Processor:
- Open /opt/apigee/customer/application/message-processor.properties in an editor. If the file does not exist, create it.
- Set the following property in message-processor.properties to the desired log level. For example, to set it to DEBUG:
- Save the file.
- Restart the Message Processor:
/opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service edge-mesage-procesor restart
Help or comments?
- If something's not working: Ask the Apigee Community or see Apigee Support.
- If something's wrong with the docs: Send Docs Feedback
(Incorrect? Unclear? Broken link? Typo?)