Setting Server Autostart
Edge for Private Cloud v. 4.17.01
An on-premises installation of Edge Private does not restart automatically during a reboot. You can use the following commands to enable/disable autostart on any node.
For all components on the node:
- /<inst_root>/apigee-service/bin/apigee-all enable_autostart
- /<inst_root>/apigee-service/bin/apigee-all disable_autostart
For a specific component:
- /<inst_root>/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service comp enable_autostart
- /<inst_root>/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service comp disable_autostart
The script only affects the node on which you run it. If you want to configure all nodes for autostart, run the script on all nodes.
If you run into issues where the OpenLDAP server does not start automatically on reboot, try disabling SELinux or setting it to permissive mode.
Note that the order of starting the components is very important:
- First start ZooKeeper, Cassandra, LDAP (OpenLDAP)
If ZooKeeper and Cassandra are installed as cluster, the complete cluster must be up and running before starting any other Apigee component.
- Then, any Apigee component (Management Server, Router, UI, etc.). For Postgres Server first start postgresql and for Qpid Server first start qpidd.
- For a complete restart of an Apigee Edge environment, the nodes with ZooKeeper and Cassandra need to be booted completely prior to any other node.
- If any other Apigee component is running on one or more ZooKeeper and Cassandra nodes, it is not recommended to use autostart. Instead, start the components in the order described below in Starting, Stopping, and Restarting Apigee Edge.
If you configure autostart, and Edge encounters issues with starting the OpenLDAP server, you can try disabling SELinux or setting it to permissive mode on all nodes. To configure SELinux:
- Edit the /etc/sysconfig/selinux file:
> sudo vi /etc/sysconfig/selinux
- Set SELINUX=disabled or SELINUX=permissive.
- Save your edits.
- Restart the machine and then restart Edge:
> /<inst_root>/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-all restart
Help or comments?
- If something's not working: Ask the Apigee Community or see Apigee Support.
- If something's wrong with the docs: Send Docs Feedback
(Incorrect? Unclear? Broken link? Typo?)