Resetting BaaS Passwords
Edge for Private Cloud v. 4.16.05
You can reset the BaaS administrator and Cassandra passwords after the installation is complete.
Resetting the BaaS administrator password
You can set the password for the BaaS administrator in the BaaS Portal UI by selecting Profile under the user's email address in the menu bar.
If you lose the BaaS administrator password, you can reset it by updating a configuration file on all BaaS Stack nodes:
- On the first BaaS Stack node, create an encrypted string for the password by using the command:
> /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service baas-usergrid secure_password
You are prompted to enter the new password. This command returns an encrypted version of the password in the form:
- Open /opt/apigee/customer/application/usergrid.properties in an editor. If this file does not exist, create it.
- Set the following property in usergrid.properties:
Make sure you include the string "SECURE:".
- Configure and restart the BaaS Stack by using the commands:
> /<inst_root>/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service baas-usergrid configure
> /<inst_root>/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service baas-usergrid restart
- Repeat on all BaaS Stack nodes.
- You can now log in to the BaaS Portal as the BaaS administrator using the new password. You can also use the following cURL command on the BaaS Stack node to validate it:
> curl -v 0:8080/system/adminUserName/setup -u adminUserName:newUnencryptedPWord
Resetting Cassandra password
By default, Cassandra ships with authentication disabled. If you enable authentication, it uses a predefined user named 'cassandra' with a password of 'cassandra'. You can use this account, set a different password for this account, or create a new Cassandra user. Add, remove, and modify users by using the Cassandra CREATE/ALTER/DROP USER statements.
For information on how to enable Cassandra authentication, see Enable Cassandra authentication .
To reset the Cassandra password, see Resetting Edge Passwords.
Help or comments?
- If something's not working: Ask the Apigee Community or see Apigee Support.
- If something's wrong with the docs: Send Docs Feedback
(Incorrect? Unclear? Broken link? Typo?)