Before you can install the Apigee Hybrid runtime services on your Kubernetes cluster, you must complete the following prerequisites:
|Before you continue, make sure you've done the following:|
You can install Hybrid on a Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) cluster or any Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) conformant Kubernetes distribution or hosted platform.
To perform the installation, you must configure a Kubernetes resource configuration file. The installation section that follows guides you through each configuration step.
After you have satisfied the above prerequisites, you can continue with the steps in next section.
Hybrid runtime installation overview
After you meet the prerequisites, you can continue with the runtime installation. The general process for installing the Hybrid runtime on your Kubernetes cluster is as follows:
- Create an overrides.yaml file to customize your Hybrid installation.
- Configure an environment so that you have somewhere to deploy your API proxies to.
- Configure Cassandra so that communication among the runtime plane and datastore are secure.
- Expose the MART endpoint so that the management plane can reach it.
- Enable Synchronizer access for the management plane.
- Add node selectors if you created multiple node pools in your cluster (as recommended).
- Enable access logs for the
- Enable logging for your cluster.
- Enable metrics for your cluster.
- Grant cluster permissions.
- Deploy Hybrid to your Kubernetes cluster. Finally!
- Add the MART IP to your org. The management plane needs this address so that it can communicate with the runtime plane.
Each of these steps is described in the sections that follow. But make sure you set up your Kubernetes cluster first!