The Hybrid UI provides an API Proxy Wizard that walks you through the steps to create a new API proxy. This section describes how to create a simple proxy that has minimal functionality. It serves to get you up and running quickly.
To create a simple API proxy using the API Proxy Wizard:
- Open Hybrid UI in a browser.
- Click API Proxies in the main view.
- From the Environment drop-down list, select the environment in which you want
to create a new API proxy.
The Hybrid UI displays a list of API proxies for that environment. If you haven’t created any proxies yet, the list is empty.
- Click +Proxy in the upper right.
The API Proxy Wizard starts:
- Select Reverse proxy (most common), and click Next.
The Proxy details view is displayed.
- Configure your proxy with the following settings:
- Proxy Name: Enter "getstarted". If a proxy already exists with this name, choose a different name.
- Proxy Base Path: Change this to "/getstarted". The Proxy Base Path is part of the URL used to make requests to your API. Edge uses the URL to match and route incoming requests to the proper API proxy.
- Existing API: Enter "https://mocktarget.apigee.net". This defines the target URL that Apigee Edge invokes on a request to the API proxy. The mocktarget service is hosted at Apigee and returns simple data. It requires no API key or access token.
- (Optional) Description: Enter a description for your new API proxy, such as "Getting started with Hybrid proxy".
Your API proxy's details should look like the following:
- Click Next.
- On the Security screen, select Pass through (none) as the
- Click Build.
Hybrid generates the proxy:
- Click Exit.
Hybrid displays the Proxies view, which displays a list of API proxies. The new proxy should be at the top of the list, with a gray status indicator, meaning that it has not yet been deployed.
After you create a simple API proxy, you typically do one of the following: