You can use the Hybrid UI to edit an API proxy. When you edit an API proxy, you can decide which of the following to do with the resulting changes:
- Save your changes on the server but do not create a new revision. You do this when you do not
want to deploy your saved changes, but just want to ensure that they are not lost if you end the
- Create a new proxy revision and deploy it to the cluster. You cannot deploy changes to an API proxy without creating a new revision of it.
To edit a proxy and save your changes:
- Open Hybrid UI in a browser and click API Proxies in the main view.
Alternatively, you can select Develop > API Proxies in the left navigation menu.
Select the environment that contains the proxy you want to edit.
The Hybrid UI displays a list of API proxies for the selected environment:
- Click the proxy that you want to edit. The Deployments view for that proxy
- Click the Develop tab in the upper right of the view.
- Use the proxy editor to make your changes to the proxy. When you are done making changes, you
can do one of the following:
- Save your changes but do not create a new revision (most common; you should do this periodically to ensure that your changes are not lost if you end the session).
- Save your changes as a new revision (when you are getting ready to deploy and test).
- To save but not create a new revision: Click Save
in the upper right of the UI:
The Hybrid UI saves your changes so that you can leave the page and resume working later.
- To save your changes as a new revision: Click the drop-down arrow next to
the Save button and select Save as new revision:
The Hybrid UI saves your changes and generates a new proxy bundle for you. It does not deploy the new bundle to the runtime; you must explicitly do that, as described in Deploy an API proxy.
The UI displays a “New revision saved” message:
After you create a new revision, you typically deploy it to your cluster, as described in Deploy an API proxy.