The hybrid UI provides an API Proxy Wizard that walks you through the steps to create a new API proxy. This section describes how to create a simple proxy that has minimal functionality. It serves to get you up and running quickly.
To create a simple API proxy using the API Proxy Wizard:
- Open Apigee hybrid UI in a browser.
- Click API Proxies in the main view.
- From the Environment drop-down list, select the environment in which you want
to create a new API proxy.
The hybrid UI displays a list of API proxies for that environment. If you haven’t created any proxies yet, the list is empty.
- Click +Proxy in the upper right.
The Create Proxy wizard starts.
- Click Reverse proxy (most common).
The Proxy details page is displayed.
- Configure your proxy with the following settings:
- Name: Enter "getstarted". If a proxy already exists with this name, choose a different name.
- Base Path: Leave this set to "/getstarted". The Base Path is part of the URL used to make requests to your API. Edge uses the URL to match and route incoming requests to the proper API proxy.
- Description (Optional): Enter a description for your new API proxy, such as "Get started API proxy".
- Target (Existing API): Enter "https://mocktarget.apigee.net". This defines the target URL that Apigee Edge invokes on a request to the API proxy. The mocktarget service is hosted at Apigee and returns simple data. It requires no API key or access token.
Your API proxy's details should look like the following:
- Click Next.
- On the Common policies page, under Security: Authorization select Pass through (no authorization).
- On the Summary page, select the deployment environment(s), if desired, and click Create and deploy.
Your new API proxy is created and deployed in the selected environment.
- Click Edit proxy to display the details page for the API proxy.
In the API proxies list, the
getstarted API proxy deployment status is green for the
After you create a simple API proxy, you typically do one of the following: