Each environment can have its own set of KVM, which are collections of name/value string pairs. You can retrieve data from a KVM at runtime; it is non-expiring data that shouldn't be hard-coded in your API proxy logic.
You can use the hybrid UI to do the following tasks related to KVMs:
- View a list of KVMs in an environment
- Create a new (empty) KVM
You cannot currently add data to KVMs (even ones you create in the UI), delete KVMs, or view data in KVMs using the hybrid UI.
To create a new (empty) KVM or view a list of KVMs:
- Open the Apigee hybrid UI in a browser.
- Select Admin > Environments > Key Value Maps.
- From the environment drop-down list, select the environment you want.
The Key Value Maps view displays a list of existing KVMs. If you have not created any KVMs, then the list of KVMs is empty.
- To create a new (empty) KVM, click the +Key value map button in the upper
The Add key value map dialog appears:
- In the Name field, enter a name for the KVM.
The name can contain only letters, numbers, and hyphens. It cannot include spaces or other special characters. For example, enter “my-kvm-1”.
- (Optional) Select the Encrypted checkbox. If you select this checkbox, hybrid encrypts the data in the KVM; otherwise, it is stored as clear text. For more information, see About encrypted KVMs.
- Click Add.
Hybrid creates the new KVM. You cannot edit the new KVM nor add data to it.