You can use target server definitions to abstract the location of a backend resource out of your API proxy. This makes moving and maintaining API proxies easier.
To define a target server in the hybrid UI:
- Open the Apigee hybrid UI in a browser.
- Select Admin > Environments > Target Servers.
- From the Environment drop-down list, select the environment to which you want
to define a new target server.
The hybrid UI displays a list of current target servers in the selected environment:
- Click the +Target server button in the upper right of the UI to add a new
target server to the selected environment.
The Add target server dialog box displays:
- Click Enabled. This instructs hybrid to enable the new target server definition immediately after you create it.
- Enter a name, host, and port in the fields provided. Optionally select the SSL checkbox. For more information about these fields, see Target Servers (4MV4D video).
- Click Add.
Hybrid creates the new target server definition.
- After you create a new target server, you can edit your API proxy and change the
<HTTPTargetConnection>element to reference the new definition.