How to Perform a Backup
Edge for Private Cloud v. 4.16.09
When backing up a complete Edge installation, you must back up all components. See "What to Backup" at Backup and Restore for more.
Use the following command to perform a backup:
> /<inst_root>/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service comp backup
where comp is the name of the component. For example:
> /<inst_root>/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service apigee-cassandra backup
The backup utility writes the generated backup file to /opt/apigee/backup/comp where comp is the name of the component. Because you can generate many backup files, and because these files can get large, you can mount a separate disk at /opt/apigee/backup just for backup files.
The backup command:
- Stops the component (except for PostgreSQL which must be running to backup).
- Creates a tar file of the following directories and files, where comp is the name of the component:
- Files if they exists
- For all components except PostgreSQL, writes the tar file to /<inst_root>/apigee/backup/comp. The name is in the form:
For PostgreSQL, the file is named:
- Restarts the component (except for PostgreSQL which must be running to backup).
If you have multiple Edge components installed on the same node, you can back up them all with a single command:
> /<inst_root>/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-all backup
This command creates a backup file for each component on the node.
Help or comments?
- If something's not working: Ask the Apigee Community or see Apigee Support.
- If something's wrong with the docs: Send Docs Feedback
(Incorrect? Unclear? Broken link? Typo?)