You're viewing Apigee Edge documentation.
View Apigee X documentation.
Apigee Edge for Private Cloud provides infrastructure for apps, APIs, and analytics. Edge components include API Services, Developer Services, and Analytics Services.
Apigee Edge for Private Cloud provides:
- Transformation between a number of API protocols
- Additional Node.js development environment for building APIs and server-side apps
- Control over access to APIs via security schemes and quotas
- Protection mechanisms to prevent data exposure and security threats
- API versioning management
- Controlling and throttling of API traffic
- Analytics dashboards and custom reports
- A developer portal to onboard developers and apps, analytics and host API documentation
- Hybrid deployment option using Edge Microgateway
Apigee Edge for Private Cloud can be deployed in the following ways:
- Virtual or physical hardware with any number of cores
- Single or multi-data center, with active/active or active/standby configurations
Deployments require a supported OS and other packages as described in the Installation requirements.
Get started with 4.50.00 (latest version)
- Edge for Private Cloud overview
- IDP authentication
- Troubleshooting (PDF)
- 4.50.00 Release Notes
This section provides links to release notes and other documentation for each earlier versions of Edge for Private Cloud.
|Version||Installing||Operations & Config||Installing Portal||External Auth||Monitoring Dashboard*||Troubleshooting Guide||Release Notes|
|* Before you can install and use the Apigee Monitoring Dashboard, you
must complete the Apigee Evaluation Agreement (PDF)
and return it to Apigee by emailing it to
** The Dashboard was in the Beta release stage for this release. To read about Beta releases and how they are supported, see Edge release stages.
|Apigee deprecation policy.Versions marked with this icon are considered unsupported. For more information, see|
The Apigee Community is a free resource where you can contact Apigee as well as other Apigee customers with questions, tips, and other issues. Before posting to the community, be sure to first search existing posts to see if your question has already been answered.