Creating and editing environment key value maps
This topic shows you how to create and edit key value maps (KVMs) in the management UI. The KVMs you create in the UI are environment scoped. For more information about KVMs and scope, see Working with key value maps.
Encrypted KVMs are supported in Edge for Private Cloud version 4.17.01 and later. However, support for encrypted KVMs in the Edge UI is disabled by default. To enable the Edge UI to support encrypted KVMs:
- On the Edge UI server, open the ui.properties file in an editor. If the file does not exist, create it:
> vi /opt/apigee/customer/application/ui.properties
- Set the conf_apigee_apigee.feature.kvmencryption token to true:
- Save your changes.
- Change the owner of ui.properties to "apigee":
> chown apigee:apigee /opt/apigee/customer/application/ui.properties
- Restart the Edge UI:
> /<inst_root>/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service edge-ui restart
These steps describe how to create or edit a key value map in the management UI. Key value maps created this way are at the environment scope. For example, if you create a key value map in the 'test' environment, API proxies running in the 'prod' environment won't have access to the key value map.
- In the management UI, select APIs > Environment Configuration.
- Select the Environment for which you want to configure key value maps, such as test or prod.
- On the Key Value Maps tab, click +Key Value Map to create an new one (or expand an existing key value map and click Edit).
- Select Encrypted if you want the key value map to be encrypted. In the UI, values to appear as asterisks (*****). Encryption is set on the entire map. You cannot set encryption entry by entry.
You can only encrypt key value maps when you create them. You can't encrypt or decrypt a key value map after it's created.
- Click the +Entry button to add a new key/value pair.
- Enter key/value properties as described in the following table.
Property Name Default Value Description Key N/A
The key name that you'll use to access the data value in your API proxies.
In organizations with Core Persistence Services (see below), key names cannot be larger than 2 KB.
The value of the key. Enter any combination of numbers, letters, or special characters.
Note that the total size of a KVM cannot be larger than 15 MB.
- Click Save.
To view or modify maps with more than 150 keys, the UI directs you to use the management API.
If your organization is enabled with Core Persistence Services (CPS), working with key value maps is slightly different than in non-CPS organizations. For example, with CPS, you add, modify, and save individual key/value entries. Without CPS, you add and modify key/value entries, then save the entire key value map. For more information on CPS, see "About Core Persistence Services (CPS)" in API reference getting started.
Help or comments?
- If something's not working: Ask the Apigee Community or see Apigee Support.
- If something's wrong with the docs: Send Docs Feedback
(Incorrect? Unclear? Broken link? Typo?)