Global user password expiration, lockout, & reset
Apigee Edge provides the following safeguards for securing global user passwords.
- Lockout after 5 failed attempts: After 5 failed login attempts, users are locked out for 120 seconds before they can try logging in again.
- Password expiration: There is no password expiration for non-PCI (Payment Card Industry) organizations. This is also the default in an Apigee Edge for Private Cloud installation. For PCI-enabled organizations, passwords expire after 90 days. No advance notifications are sent when passwords are close to expiring.
- Password reset: Global users can use the "Forgot Password" functionality on the Edge UI login page to reset their passwords.
In Apigee Edge for Private Cloud, you can modify password security behavior. For more information, see Resetting Edge Passwords in the Apigee Edge for Private Cloud Operations Guide.
Help or comments?
- If something's not working: Ask the Apigee Community or see Apigee Support.
- If something's wrong with the docs: Send Docs Feedback
(Incorrect? Unclear? Broken link? Typo?)