Read-only system administrator role
Edge on-premises installation only. In a Cloud-based installation of Edge, Apigee functions in the role of read-only system administrator. You can only assign global users to the read-only system administrator role in an Edge for the Private Cloud installation.
An Edge read-only system administrator has access to the same entities as an system administrator but access is read-only. A read-only system administrator can:
- Perform the operations of the Read-only organization administrator role for all organizations
- View global user details
- View organization, environment, and virtual host configurations
- Make read-only calls to all Edge system administrative APIs
While it is not required, you can assign a read-only system administrator to an organization, typically as a read-only organization administrator. Unless assigned to an organization, the read-only system administrator cannot log in to the Edge management UI.
For more on the actions allowed by the read-only system administrator, see the Edge Operations Guide, available on the Apigee ftp site: ftp://ftp.apigee.com/.
Help or comments?
- If something's not working: Ask the Apigee Community or see Apigee Support.
- If something's wrong with the docs: Send Docs Feedback
(Incorrect? Unclear? Broken link? Typo?)