System administrator role
Edge on-premises installation only. In a Cloud-based installation of Edge, Apigee functions in the role of system administrator. You can only assign global users to the system administrator role in an Edge for the Private Cloud installation.
An Edge system administrator can:
- Perform the operations of the Organization administrator role for all organizations
- Create global users
- Create organizations, environments, and virtual hosts
- Add additional components to an Edge installation
- Configure TLS/SSL on a virtual host
- Create additional system administrators
- Perform all other Edge administrative tasks
While it is not required, you can assign a system administrator to an organization, typically as an organization administrator. Unless assigned to an organization, the system administrator cannot log in to the Edge management UI.
For more on the actions allowed by the system administrator, see the Edge Operations Guide, available on the Apigee ftp site: ftp://ftp.apigee.com/.
Help or comments?
- If something's not working: Ask the Apigee Community or see Apigee Support.
- If something's wrong with the docs: Send Docs Feedback
(Incorrect? Unclear? Broken link? Typo?)