Edge for Private Cloud v. 4.17.05
You can specify the API timeout duration used by the Edge UI to control how long the UI waits for an API management call to return. The following properties define the timeout:
- conf_apigee_apigee.feature.apitimeout sets the time, in seconds, that the UI waits for a call to the backend to return, regardless of any activity on it. If the call is not completed in that time, the UI throws a timeout error. The default value is 180 seconds (3 minutes).
- conf_apigee_play.ws.timeout.idle sets how long the UI waits, in milliseconds, for activity on the server. It can be set to the same value as conf_apigee_apigee_apitimeout or to a lesser value. Setting it to a larger value has no effect. The default is 180000 milliseconds (3 minutes).
- conf_apigee_play.ws.timeout.connection sets how long the UI waits for a connection to be established. It can be set to the same value as conf_apigee_apigee_apitimeout or to a lesser value. Setting it to a larger value has no effect. The default is 120000 milliseconds (2 minutes).
To set these properties:
- Open the ui.properties file
in an editor. If the file does not exist, create it::
> vi /opt/apigee/customer/application/ui.properties
- Set the properties as desired:
- Save your changes.
- Make sure the properties file is owned by the 'apigee' user:
> chown apigee:apigee /opt/apigee/customer/application/ui.properties
- Restart the Edge UI:
> /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service edge-ui restart