Edge for Private Cloud v4.18.05
The process for installing and configuring SAML support on Edge for Private Cloud requires that you perform some tasks on your SAML IDP and some on Edge. The general process is:
- Install Edge: Ensure that your installation is working properly before continuing.
- Configure your SAML IDP: Requires that you configure your IDP to use email addresses as the user ID, and specify the redirect URL to the Edge UI which is used after a successful login.
- Install and configure Edge SSO:
apigee-ssoenables SAML on the Edge management API. As part of configuring
apigee-sso, you can optionally enable TLS access.
- Enable SAML on the Edge UI.
- Register new Edge users: For each user in the IDP that corresponds to an Edge user, create an Edge user account and assign that user a role in an Edge organization. The Edge user must have the same email address as is stored for the user in the IDP.
- (Optional) Enable HTTPS: Configure the
apigee-ssomodule to use HTTPS instead of HTTP (the default).
- (Optional) Disable Basic Authentication: After you have confirmed SAML is working, disable Basic Authentication to ensure your environment is secure.