Watch a video to learn how to create custom reports using the classic Edge UI.
Watch a video to learn how to create custom reports using the New Edge experience UI.
Viewing all custom reports
You can view a list of all custom reports by selecting Analytics > Reports from the main menu.
The custom reports page displays all custom reports that have been created for your organization, as shown in the following figure:
As highlighted in the figure, the custom reports page enables you to:
- View a list of all custom reports.
- Add a custom report.
- Run a custom report by clicking its name in the list. The report is run using the data collected over the last hour by default and the data is displayed in the custom report dashboard. See Exploring the custom reports dashboard.
- Search the list of custom reports by entering all or part of a relevant string in the search box; all displayed fields are searched for the string.
- Manage custom roles to manage access to a custom report.
- Delete a custom report.
Adding a custom report
By adding custom reports, you can create a set of charts that provide insight into every aspect of your API program.
To add a custom report:
- Select Analytics > Reports.
- Click + Custom Report.
- In the Basic section, enter the following information:
Field Description Report Name Name of the report. Report Description Description of the report. Chart Type Select the style of chart to use to present your custom analytics data.
- Column: X-axis represents groups designated by dimensions.
- Line: X-axis represents time.
- In the Metrics section:
- Select the metric that you want to analyze.
- Select an Aggregate Function to display the Sum, Average, Min, or Max values.
- Click + Metric to add additional metrics.
- In the Dimensions section, click + Dimension and select a dimension,
such as "Proxy", to constrain the data set
used to generate the reports. You can add additional dimensions to further constrain the
- In the Filters section, further narrow the data displayed by adding
filters to your report definition. For example, you
could add a filter that excludes data for the weather API proxy or developer
- Click + Filter Condition and select the entity you want to filter on, and construct an expression with the Operator and Value to include or exclude data in the report.
- Click to save the filter.
- Click + Filter Condition to add additional filters, and select an AND or OR connector.
- Click Save.
The report is run using the data collected over the last hour by default and the data is displayed in the custom report dashboard. See Exploring the custom reports dashboard.
When building a custom report, you'll select the metrics (type of data) you want to see, group the data in meaningful ways (dimensions), and optionally limit the data returned according to specific characteristics (filters). For descriptions of metrics, dimensions, and filters, see the Analytics metrics, dimensions, and filters reference.
Exploring the custom report dashboard
The custom report dashboard, shown in the following figure, displays the results of your custom report for a specific time range. When you initially create a report, the report is run using the data collected over the last hour.
As highlighted in the previous figure, the custom report dashboard enables you to:
- View custom report data for selected time range.
- Select the organization and environment for which you want to view custom report data.
- Select a specific dimension to filter the custom report data.
- Select the Chart or Table view.
Note: If your custom report includes many rows in the Summary table at the bottom of the Chart view, click Table to view the tabular information only. Use the Show up to drop-down to control the number of rows you want to display in the table. You can display up to 200 rows at a time.
- Refresh the display.
- Analyze a specific metric by clicking Analyze in the row of the associated metric. View anomalies, and compare it to a previous period or to other metrics.
- Run the custom report by clicking and setting the time range.
- Download the custom report.
- Edit the custom report.
Running a custom report
Edge Analytics lets you run a report synchronously or asynchronously.
- For a synchronous report, you run the report request and the request is blocked until the analytics server provides a response. However, because a report might need to process a large amount of data (for example, 100's of GB), a synchronous report might fail because of a time out.
For an asynchronous report (Beta), you run the report request and retrieve the results at a later time. Some situations when asynchronous query processing might be a good alternative include:
- Analyzing and creating reports that span large time intervals.
- Analyzing data with a variety of grouping dimensions and other constraints that add complexity to the query
- Managing queries when you find that data volumes have increased significantly for some users or organizations.
This document describes how to intiate an asynchronous report by using the UI. You can also use the API, as described in Using the asynchronous custom reports API.
To run a custom report for a specific time range:
- Select Analyze > Report from the left navigation bar to open the Custom Reports page
- Select the report to run to open the Custom Report Time Selection pop up.
- In the Range dropdown, select either:
- A predefined time range, such as Last Hour or Last 7 Days.
Custom Range. For a Custom Range, select a start date, duration, and time unit (if applicable) in the drop-down, or use the calendar to select start and end dates.
Select Single Date to restrict the date selection in the calendar to a single date.
- To run the report, select one of the following in the Run Report dropdown:
Run Report to run the report synchronously. The results will be displayed in the custom report dashboard after the report completes.
Submit Job (Beta) to run the report asynchronously as a background job. The following dialog appears:
Click View Status in the dialog to view the status of the custom report job.
(Beta) Viewing asynchronous custom report jobs
To view asynchronous custom report jobs, select one of the following:
- Click View Status in the Report Submitted as Background Job dialog.
- Select Analyze > Report Jobs from the left navigation bar.
The Report Jobs page is displayed, as shown in the following figure:
The Report Jobs page enables you to:
View all asynchronous custom report job results that have been submitted in the last 7 days.
Select the environment for which you want to display custom report jobs.
To view the custom report, make sure its Status is completed. Then move the mouse over the row corresponding to the report. An and a icon appear. Selcet the to view the report.
Download the custom report by clicking .
The full report is downloaded as a ZIP file named
OfflineQueryResult-xxx.zipwhich contains the CSV files.
Search the list of custom reports by entering all or part of a relevant string in the search box; all displayed fields are searched for the string.
Downloading a custom synchronous report
To download a custom synchronous report as a CSV (comma-separated value) format, in the custom report dashboard:
- Click Combined CSV to download the full report. The file is named as follows:
customreportnameis the custom report name converted to all lower-case, with spaces replaced by underscores. For example:
- Click CSV associated with a specific dimension. The file is named as follows:
dimensionis the dimension name with spaces replaced by underscores. For example:
Managing custom roles for a custom report
From the custom reports page you can view and edit custom roles that are defined for a custom report by clicking Roles in the Actions column for the custom report.
Click Edit to edit the custom role settings.
For information about assigning custom roles to a user, see Assigning roles.
Editing a custom report
To edit a custom report:
- View all custom reports.
- Click the name of the report that you want to edit.
The custom report is run against data collected for the last hour and the results are displayed.
- Click Edit on the custom reports dashboard.
- Edit the custom report details.
- Click Save.
Deleting a custom report
To delete a custom report:
- View all custom reports.
- Click Delete in the Actions column for the custom report you want to delete.
- Click Delete to confirm the delete operation.