You're viewing Apigee Edge documentation.
Go to the Apigee X documentation. info
This page describes how to upgrade major versions of the following operating systems in a data center:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL): RHEL 6 to RHEL 7 and RHEL 7 to RHEL 8
- Amazon Web Services Linux: AWS Linux 1 to AWS Linux 2
See Edge for Private Cloud supported versions for information on supported versions of these operating systems.
To upgrade your operating system (OS), you need to install Edge for Private Cloud in a new data center containing the new version of OS, and then decommission the old data center, as follows:
- Set up a new Apigee data center with servers containing the new version of the OS. See Adding a data center.
- Install Edge for Private Cloud on the new servers, using a silent configuration file that expands on the existing installation.
- Add the servers to an existing cluster.
- Finally, decommission the old data center, as explained in Decommissioning a data center.