You can install multiple instances of the Edge UI in a high availability scenario. However, after installing the two instances of the Edge UI, you must perform post-installation tasks in order to synchronize the property settings between the two.
Specifically, you must configure the two UI instances to have the same value for the following properties:
application.secret=value mail.smtp.credential=value apigee.mgmt.credential=value
Additionally, if you configure them to use TLS, then you must ensure that you use the same cert and key on both instances.
Configure Edge UI instances using HTTP
- Log in to the node hosting the first Edge UI instances (do not log in to the UI itself, but as a user on the node).
/opt/apigee/edge-ui/conf/apigee.confin an editor and copy the values of the following properties for later use:
/opt/apigee/edge-ui/conf/application.confin an editor and copy the values of the following property for later use:
- Log in to the node hosting the second Edge UI instances.
/opt/apigee/customer/application/ui.propertieson the second UI instance in an editor. If the file does not exist, create it.
- Add the following properties to
/opt/apigee/customer/application/ui.properties, including the values that you copied from the first UI instance:
conf_application_application.secret="value" conf_apigee_mail.smtp.credential="value" conf_apigee_apigee.mgmt.credential="value"
Notice how you prefix these values with either
- Save the file.
- Make sure
/opt/apigee/customer/application/ui.propertiesis owned by the "apigee" user:
chown apigee:apigee /opt/apigee/customer/application/ui.properties
- Restart the second UI instance:
/opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service edge-ui restart
Users can now log in to either UI instance.
Configure Edge UI instances using TLS/HTTPS
- Configure the first UI instance to use TLS/HTTPS as described in Configuring TLS for the management UI.
- Configure the second Edge UI instances as described above for HTTP to synchronize the required properties.
- Copy the JKS file containing the cert and key from the first UI instance to the node hosting the second UI instance.
- Configure the second UI instance to use TLS/HTTPS as described in Configuring TLS for the management UI.