You're viewing Apigee Edge documentation.
Go to the Apigee X documentation. info
Apigee provides an advanced set of operations and security features called Advanced API Ops. The Advanced API Ops Beta is open to all Apigee Enterprise and Enterprise Plus cloud customers. When generally available, Advanced API Ops will be a paid add-on to Apigee’s Enterprise subscription and will be included as part of its Enterprise Plus subscription.
Advanced API Ops adds the following features:
About advanced security reporting
All Edge for Cloud Enterprise customers have access to the basic set of security reporting features available in the Edge UI and API. Advanced API Ops adds enhanced security reports to the Edge UI and APIs for accessing the data used by these reports.
From a security perspective, advanced security reporting ensures that your APIs are exposed only over secure HTTPS and adhere to your security compliance requirements. Use these enhanced security reports to:
- Identify which APIs do not adhere to security and compliance requirements.
- Identify users and apps with suspicious activity that accessing sensitive data.
- Drilldown for information about sensitive operations performed by individual users.
- View error counts by fault code and by API over time.
- View changes in user activity over a time period.
- Many more.
About anomaly detection
With anomaly detection, you let Edge detect traffic and performance issues instead of having to predetermine them yourself. Edge automatically looks for anomaly conditions at the organization, environment, and region levels. When detected, the anomaly is logged for display on the Events dashboard in the Edge UI.
Anomaly detections works by applying artificial intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) models to your historical API data. Anomaly detection can then raise alerts in real time for scenarios that you haven’t even thought of to improve your productivity and reduce the mean time to resolution (MTTR) of your API issues.
See About anomaly detection for more.
About advanced alertsAlerts define a condition that triggers notifications in the Edge UI and sends notifications through a variety of channels, such as email, Slack, PagerDuty, or webhooks.
Advanced API Ops builds on the existing API Monitoring alert mechanism to add the following advanced alert types:
- Total traffic alerts. Lets you raise an alert when traffic changes by a specified percentage over a time range. For example, you can raise an alert when traffic increases by 5% or more for one hour, or decreases by 10% or more for one week.
- Anomaly alerts. Edge detects traffic and performance issues instead of you having to predetermine them yourself. You can then raise an alert for these anomalies.
- TLS Expiry alerts. Lets you raise a notification when a TLS cert is close to expiring.