(For information on performing an offline installation, see Install Edge apigee-setup utility on a node with no external internet connection.)
To install Apigee mTLS:
- Log in to the node as root (or use
sudowith the commands).
- Check that all services are stopped (not running) by using the
statuscommand, as the following example shows:
- (Optional; Apigee recommends that you test before using MS ->
LDAP encryption) If you want
to secure your connection between the management server and LDAP server, define a silent
configuration for the management server:
- Edit the
/opt/apigee/customer/application/management-server.propertiesfile, or create a new one if it does not already exist.
- Add the following properties and their values to the
conf_security_ldap.enable.connection.pool=false conf_security_ldap.fallback.self.count=10 conf_security_ldap.maximum.retry.limit=2
- Save your changes to the
- Edit the
- Execute the following command:
/opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service apigee-mtls install
The installer installs the following RPMs with your Edge for the Private Cloud installation:
- Repeat steps 1 through 4 on each node in the cluster. Note that step 3 is optional.
After installing Apigee mTLS on all nodes in the cluster, perform the following steps:
apigee-mtlson all nodes as described in Configure Apigee mTLS.
- (Optional) Verify your configuration as described in Verify your configuration.
Note that after installing Apigee mTLS on your Private Cloud cluster, you must be sure that when
you start components on a node, you start the
apigee-mtls component before any
other component on the node.