Migrate a portal based on the original version to the new version to take advantage of the latest portal features:
- Enhancements to the following portal front-end features:
- SmartDocs API reference documentation
- Theme editor enhancements
- Default portal theme and content enhancements
- Quick start
- Improvements to how developer accounts are managed using the developer identity service
For more information, see Build your integrated portal.
Before you migrate
Before you begin, review the following considerations:
- A copy of your portal is made before the migration.
- The new default theme is applied and your custom CSS styles are overwritten. You need to apply your custom CSS styles manually after the migration.
- If the developer identity service is enabled, the new and existing portals share the same user store. Changes to the user store will impact both portals.
- In order to support responsive menus, top-level menu items that contain child objects will no longer be active links.
Steps to migrate
To migrate to the new version of the portal:
- Select Publish > Portals to view the list of portals.
- Click Upgrade to 2.0.
- Edit the name of the migrated portal in the New Portal Name field.
This field defaults to *portal-name* Migrated.
- Click Migrate.
The new portal is created with your migrated content.