You're viewing Apigee Edge documentation.
View Apigee X documentation.
Apigee Edge provides a "history" feature that can be helpful in troubleshooting problems as well as managing API usage. The history feature enables you to view the operations (create, update, read, delete, deploy, undeploy) that have been performed on your APIs and API products over time. You can see who performed each operation, when the operation was performed, the request URI, and the response code. For update operations, you can also view the request body that was as passed in the API call.
Organization audit history is retained for 400 days (Public Cloud only; does not apply to Apigee Edge for Private Cloud.)
For additional information, see Apigee Edge Auditing community post.
Retrieving API history
To view the history of an API:
- Select the API proxy in the API proxies page.
- On the API detail page, select Project > API Proxy History.
The history for the API is displayed.
- You can change the date range for the history to the last day, week, 2 months, 3 months, or year, by selecting from the menu next to Showing data for last.
- You can view the request body for update operations by clicking Show in the Request Body
column for the operation.
Retrieving API product history
To view the history of an API product:
- Select History in the Actions column for the product on the Products page.
This displays the history for the API product.
- You can change the date range for the history to the last day, week, 2 months, 3 months, or year, by selecting from the menu next to Date Range.
- You can view the request body for update operations by clicking Show in the Request Body column for the operation.
Viewing organization history
View organization-level changes, made by the organization administrator role, as described below.
Video: Watch a short video to learn more about viewing the organization history in the Edge UI.
To view organization-level changes using the Edge UI:
- Sign in to apigee.com/edge.
- Select Admin > Audit Logs in the left navigation bar.
The Audit Logs page displays.
Click within a row to view more information about a particular log, such as the Edge API call that was made and the operation that was executed.
Classic Edge (Private Cloud)
To view organization-level changes using the Classic Edge UI:
- Sign in to
http://ms-ip:9000, where ms-ip is the IP address or DNS name of the Management Server node.
- Select Admin > Organization History in the top navigation bar.
The Organization History page displays. Click Details in row to see more information about a particular change, such as the Edge API call that was made and the operation that was executed.