Data related issues, commonly referred to as wiring issues, can manifest as one of the following symptoms:
- Failures during startup of Management servers
- Deployment failures
- Datastore errors on the UI
- Cross data center connectivity issues among Message Processors and Management servers
- Analytics showing no data
These issues are not related to the ZooKeeper infrastructure, but related to invalid data that is available in the ZooKeeper tree.
The typical causes for this issue are:
- Nodes wired to the wrong region or pod name during installation due to mistakes in the silent installation file.
- A failed installation of a component creates duplicate registrations when you reinstall the component multiple times. In this case, cleanup is required to remove the registration with the wrong UUIDs.
To diagnose, gather the following data:
- Topology diagram, with hostname and ip addresses of each node and what Apigee component
exist on the node. A mapping like the following using the profile of the Apigee install would
be most helpful:
DC-1 DS: ip1 hostname DS: ip2 hostname DS: ip3 hostname MS: ip4 hostname RMP: ip5 hostname RMP: ip6 hostname SAX: ip7 hostname DC-2 DS: ip8 hostname DS: ip9 hostname DS: ip10 hostname MS: ip11 hostname RMP: ip12 hostname RMP: ip13 hostname SAX: ip14 hostname
- Generate ZooKeeper tree output to check the wiring:
/opt/apigee/apigee-zookeeper/contrib/zk-tree.sh > zk-tree-output.txt
- For ease of verification of the data in ZooKeeper tree, run the following management API
calls to get the list of server UUIDs in each of data centers:
curl -u firstname.lastname@example.org "http://management-server-host:8080/v1/servers?pod=gateway®ion=region-name"
curl -u email@example.com "http://management-server-host:8080/v1/servers?pod=central®ion=region-name"
curl -u firstname.lastname@example.org "http://management-server-host:8080/v1/servers?pod=analytics®ion=region-name"
- Check the UUIDs on each component and make sure they match what you see in the ZooKeeper
- Use the UUID data to search the ZooKeeper tree output generated in step #2 to validate the components wiring and to remove any duplicate registrations for the component that have the wrong UUIDs.
- Use the management API calls listed here for correcting datastore registration. The components like Routers, Message Processors, Postgres, and Qpid self register to ZooKeeper during startup time.
ZooKeeper data-related problems need to be addressed on a case-by-case basis. Data in ZooKeeper is based on Apigee Edge topologies and vary by each use case. If one of the problem symptoms is being experienced, collect the data as explained in the previous section and contact Apigee Support.