Using the Trace tool
Trace helps you pinpoint where errors occur, examine flow variables, debug proxy flows, and more.
- Using the trace tool - Trace also lets you view the call as a cURL command, which lets you see the HTTP headers and message payload in a single place. Great for debugging.
- Using the offline trace tool - You can download an XML file of the trace results for viewing offline. The file shows the complete details of the listening session including the contents of all headers, variables and policies.
- Filtering trace results - Limit the trace to only calls that contain a specific header or query parameter. This is a good way of helping you troubleshoot issues.
Viewing analytics and history
- Analytics services - Analytics Services is a valuable tool that you can use to troubleshoot problems. For example, if your API goes down, analytics charts can help illustrate whether the failure was sudden or involved a slow lead-in time.
- Product and organization history - Apigee Edge provides a "history" feature that can be helpful in troubleshooting problems as well as managing API usage.