You're viewing Apigee Edge documentation.
Go to the Apigee X documentation. info
On Tuesday, May 20, 2014, we released a new cloud version of Apigee Edge.
New features and enhancements
Following are the new features and enhancements in this release.
apigee-access Node.js module
A new apigee-access Node.js module provides access to the following Apigee-specific functionality:
- Accessing and modifying flow variables within the Apigee message context
- Using the built-in distributed cache
You can use the apigee-access module by requiring
apigee-access in your code. You can also find it on NPM:
For usage information on apigee-access, download the NPM and review README.md.
Edge includes the following enhancements for SOAP/WSDL API proxies:
- SOAP XML passthrough
- On the APIs home page in the Edge management UI, visual indicators of SOAP APIs
For details, see Exposing a SOAP-based web service as an API proxy.
Beta trace enhancements
The beta trace feature for API proxies includes the following features:
- For API proxies containing conditional flows, True and False icons indicating whether conditions evaluated to true or false
- An enhanced transaction timeline view that allocates less visual space to elements that take less than 1% of the total time, allowing more elements to be shown
- A new icon badge that indicates when a policy was skipped because the step condition evaluated to false
The following bugs are fixed in this release.
|Proxy deployment errors in UI
|Changing and saving deployed proxies sometimes resulted in errors in the Edge management UI. This issue has been resolved.
|5xx errors on responses
|5xx HTTP errors occurred in situations where responses were complete according to the HTTP specification (no Content-Length or chunked encoding in target endpoint responses). Edge now treats those responses as complete.
A NullPointerException was being thrown in the following situations:
The following message is now thrown instead: "Bundle is invalid. Unable to read/find APIProxy contents."
|Trace: IP address
|Beta trace feature: In API proxy trace sessions, if a target server is defined with an IP address, the transaction details now display the target server IP address rather than labeling it as "undefined".
|Memory leak in MPs
|A memory leak in message processors has been fixed.
|messageid in analytics
|The messageid flow variable is now stored in Edge analytics.